Pinterest*

Thursday 6 October 2011

Homemade Popcorn!

Popcorn is probably my favorite snack food of all time.  I'm especially a sucker for movie theatre popcorn, as soon as I smell it I can't resist. When I found out how unhealthy movie theatre popcorn actually is, I decided to start making my own stove top popcorn. The best part about making it yourself, is you can make as much {or as little} as you want and flavor it however you want {I like just salt and butter, but we also use Ketchup popcorn flavor by Kernels}. I've been experimenting with the best ways to make a "perfect pop" batch and I thought I'd share my tips with you!*

{Ingredients: 1 cup kernels, 3 tbsp canola oil or butter, coarse salt}

{Heat oil on medium heat. Toss in 2 - 3 kernels, once they pop
you know the oil is ready}

{Pour in the rest of the kernels add 1 tbsp of salt, make sure you leave 
the top open to allow steam to escape. Also make sure you are 
constantly moving the pot so the kernels on the bottom don't burn}

{When the popping is done add extra salt, butter or any 
other seasoning you like}

{Pour into your largest bowl....and enjoy!}


1 comment:

  1. use olive oil and rosemary .. so good !

    ReplyDelete