Pinterest*

Thursday 17 October 2013

back to reality

Coming back to the city and then back to work after a relaxing long weekend away is almost tortuous. You look so forward to the weekend for weeks and it goes by in a flash.....we seriously need at least 2 long weekends a month to stay sane! This is my fourth Thanksgiving away from my family... which is fine {during University I was always working anyways}. This year like I mentioned earlier I went up to Manitoulin Island! I love love love going there! The ferry ride over is the best part, it really breaks the trip up so you're not driving the whole time and you can drink delish Caesars and watch Lake Huron go by while doing it! Once you're on the island life is literally at a standstill, it's so quiet the days linger on and the weather is almost always perfect! It was the best Thanksgiving setting for sure!  Hot apple cider, board games and turkey! Here are a few snapshots from the weekend! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving..... next stop... Christmas!*

Chi Cheemaun docking at South Baymouth

Bridal Vail Falls

afternoon drive down the island

Thanksgiving Dinner Table

my wonderful craftsmanship!

sun setting over Lake Huron

hiking down the river

Bridal Vail Falls {again}

No comments:

Post a Comment