Pinterest*

Wednesday 9 October 2013

smooth finish foundation powder

In past posts {here}I raved about how much I loved my Laura Mercier Foundation Powder #3 {$50}. It provided excellent coverage, you could use it wet or dry and it was very light weight and hypoallergenic which is key when I'm choosing make-up. I recently went to Sephora to purchase this product and it's been discontinued! I was shocked! I didn't know what to do! But fear not! This Foundation Powder is new and improved! It's now known as the Smooth Finish Foundation Powder. I was skeptical at how much better this product could get....considering I loved the original. But it really is better! It's described as a 'second skin' oil- free foundation powder, that can also be used wet or dry. I find applying the product wet first allows for optimum coverage, and then applying the powder dry afterwards creates a very natural look.



What it does: This silky smooth innovation offers a natural veil that imparts a color-true finish that lasts up to eight hours. It glides on effortlessly, camouflages, hydrates, and blurs fine lines, never settling into them. Ultra fine micronized pigments flex with skin for coverage that is even and flawless. Use it as a sheer to medium powder or build coverage using it wet.

What else you need to know:This powder is formulated with conditioning agents vitamin E and shea butter to provide hydrating, lightweight comfort. This product is dermatologist and allergy tested and suitable for all skin types, even sensitive.

One thing you need to know when you go to Sephora to pick up this new product, is the shade # you were using in the Foundation Powder {for example I was a #3} will not be the same in the Smooth Finish Foundation Powder {for example I am now a #5}. Sephora makes this transition fool proof by providing a chart that says.... if you a #3 you are now a #5!  EASY! You can also ask one of the consultants in the store to do a skintone test to pinpoint exactly what foundation colours in the store match your skintone for easy purchasing! The test literally take 40 seconds. The consultant takes 3 "pictures" of your skin {one from your forehead, one from your neck and one from your cheek} the camera instantly tells you what colour skintone you have and e-mails you your foundation matches!! Simple and painless and very very helpful!*

 
I am skintone number 2Y07, and these are a few of the foundations they sent me!

No comments:

Post a Comment