Pinterest*

Wednesday 8 February 2012

...love the one you're with

Not everyone is a fan of Valentine's Day. Trust me when I say, it's just another "hallmark holiday" that stresses me out because I feel I have to do something special. I think once you're in a relationship {or single} everyday should be the day to tell your special someone, your friends, your family or even yourself how much you love them! However, I'm not one to pass up a reason for giving {or receiving} something a little extra special! Here are a few cute and chic Valentine's ideas I've come across this week, that can be easily DIY'd at home!*





        Converstation Cookies*
These are adorbale! I saw these posted on Cupcakes and Cashemere and thought they are creative alternative to those gross tasting converstation candies that come out this time of year! {recipie for sugar cookies and icing can be found here}


Monthly Dates*
I saw this on Pintrest and thought it was such a creative and cute idea! Give your special someone a basket with envelopes {12! 1 for each month of the year}. Inside each envelope are ideas for one pre-planned or pre-paid date! {Here to read more about it on Find Joy in the Journey}


 
Every girl loves flowers & candy*
I LOVE getting fresh cut flowers from the florest. They always add such a great energy to any room! This idea is from Martha Stewart. Buy a bunch of blooms, place the flowers in a narrow drinking glass, and then place inside a large vase or glass container. Fill the space between the two glasses with red candy hearts!


love soap*
Also inspired by converstation candy hearts, stamped heart soap! If I had the time I would LOVE to make these to give as little appreciation gifts to my friends! {For how to click here}





1 comment:

  1. These are such cute ideas! Thanks for sharing! Great blog, btw! =)

    ReplyDelete