Pinterest*

Monday 27 February 2012

Sunday Night at the Oscars*

So last night was the 84th Annual Academy Awards, and I obviously planned my whole day around preparing our Oscar party for 2, watching the red carpet and of course the awards! It's been a tradition with my friends for the past few years to order chinese food, fill out our ballots and pool together any spare change/gift cards as a prize!  Since I'm across the country this year, Jon and I had our own Oscar party! We filled out ballots {which I won}, made crab-cakes and cupcakes and drank Skinny Girl Margaritas and wine!





Having DVR definitely comes in handy when watching award shows that are as long as the Oscars are! Fast forwarding through all the red carpet commentary and speeches you aren't necessarily interested in makes watching so much better! I thought Billy Crystal was hilarious! He always does such a great job! And E! News also did an awesome job at reporting form the red carpet...! I wasn't overly impressed with the looks last night, but the ladies that nailed it looked classic and chic...very Academy Awards appropriate. Here are my favorite looks form last night!

Penelope Cruz in Armani

Maya Rudolph in Johanna Johnson

Milla Jovovich in Ellie Saab
{my #1 choice}

Stacey Keibler in Marchesa

Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton
{loved the coral colour}

Cameron Diaz  in Gucci

Missi Pyle in an eco-friendly dress

Giuliana Rancic in Tony Ward Couture
{this would have been my #1 but I think she looks too skinny, but the dress is stunning}


Incase you missed the awards, click {here} for a complete list of last nights winners! Did you watch?!*


No comments:

Post a Comment