Pinterest*

Thursday 9 February 2012

Serendipity{3}

{This is going to be a really random post....but I stumbled upon a few things yesterday that made me think of this!}

For everyone who knows me well....you are aware of my love...{ok obsession} for John Cusack! The summer I worked at Jumbo Video, I made it my soul mission in life to watch every single John Cusack movie ever made!....I think I got through half {not too shabby!} But I think one of my all time favorite John movies {yes we are on a first name basis} next to High Fedility of course, is Serendipity! I loved the whole premis of the movie....! Meeting someone for a day...then searching the rest of your life for that one sign that will lead you back to the love of your life! I'm not usually such a mushy, romance movie kind of girl! But John and Kate Beckinsale {one of the most beauiful people on earth} mixed with New York city and the rush of finding eachother before making a terrible mistake {like getting married to the wrong person} makes this movie so wonderful for me!


On my trip to New York last summer, we made it our mission to visit key landmarks that stood out in our favorite T.V shows and movies! {Empire Hotel = Gossip Girl, Carrie Bradshaw's front stoop, the aprtment building from Friends, FAO Shwartz to play on the BIG piano, etc } Finally on our last day in NYC we ventured back into Central Park and made our way to the Wollman Rink {which in the summer was a carnival}. Home to the classic scene of John laying in the snow...and the glove comes floating down out of the sky, and everyone falls in love {watch here}! It was wonderful! Sadly, we didn't make it to the one landmark that I would die to go to....Serindipity3. I'm not sure why we never made it there {probably because we were too busy shopping} but I would love to sit in that restaurant...drink one of their famous Frozen Hot Chocolates and love life! I almost want to plan a trip back to the city specifically for this reason! Are there any landmarks from movies/T.V you would love to visit? or have visited?*




me at Wollman Rink 


No comments:

Post a Comment