Pinterest*

Thursday 1 May 2014

how to pack a carry on!



how to pack a carry on!
 
So I have been doing a lot of travelling the past few months especially to Bermuda! Since I only go to Bermuda for a few days I really didn't want to have to check my bag every time I flew. I like to pre-check in going straight through security and spend as little time as possible at the airport! I think I have finally mastered the carry on! It took A LOT of cutting back {I ALWAYS over pack...always} and a lot of self control but I think I finally got the hang of it! Here are a few tips!
 
The Bag
Liquids, gels and everything else
  • Check with the airline you are flying with {or here} for their carry-on regulations for things like: disposable razors, nail clippers, gels, aerosols, liquids etc. to see what the maximum allowance is. For most airlines it 's a 1L bag full of 3oz bottles. This just helps with packing what you need and limits how much you have to throw out at security!
  • Place all your liquids, gels and aerosols in a clear plastic bag. These are always available at the airport or you can use a sandwich sized zip lock!
  • Make up: take what you need! If you're travelling to a hot destination, chances are your going on vacation and you do not need to take your everyday make-up! Limit what you take and if buying something if you need it is possible on the other end do that! I normally just take a blush, bronzer and mascara!
  • Travel sized everything is key! Go to your local Wal-Mart or drug store and hit the travel aisle! You will be very surprised at the amazing travel sized products that are available now! A lot of high end or high quality products are available in small sizes which is perfect! You don't have to give up your favorite products just to travel!
  • Hair tools: Always check your hotel before you go to see what is provided in the room {i.e. a hair dryer} sometimes {ok most of the time} they aren't the best but it's something and it will save you room in your bag! Do you really need a curling iron, curling wand, straightener etc.? If YES, you can actually purchase travel sized hair tools! Amazing right?! They won't work AS WELL as your regular sized everyday tool but it will do that trick! Sephora has amazing selection {here}.
Clothes
  • This is where I have the most difficulty! My mind always goes to....well what if I need this...what if I do that and need to wear this.... LIMIT it! Chances are you're not going to need HALF of what you think you do! A good trick it to lay out everything you think you're going to need for your trip and cut it in half! Again, if you really need something {a rain coat, another bikini, a hat a cover-up, sandals} try to buy it at your destination!
  • ROLL ROLL ROLL! I know your first instinct is to fold everything nicely but don't! That takes up way more room! Roll everything! If you're worried about things getting wrinkled just hang them as soon as your get to your destination! Also, your clothes are less likely to get wrinkled while rolled than folded! Trust me!
I really hope these tips help! I find travelling carry-on much less stressful and much quicker than checking baggage. Sometimes you have to obviously if your trip is longer but try it next time you fly you will never want to go back! Oh and an added bonus? The airline will never "lose" your luggage!What are your carry-on tips?*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment