Pinterest*

Tuesday 23 April 2013

LOVE it or LOATHE it?


I was out at the mall with my friend last weekend; and as I was browsing ALDO I noticed they had quite the selection of these Hi-Top Wedge sneakers....when they first debuted last year I was actually taken aback by how ugly these shoes are. I really don't understand the trend {these are right up there with the horrible Stiletto Timberland's J.LO use to rock here} their chunky and gaudy and now include over the top embellishments. These wedges trick people into thinking your laid back, casual and sporty but in my opinion you look like you're trying way too hard to impress. If you want a wedge why not strap on a cute pair of espadrille wedges?  Sadly, these "sneakers" are everywhere right now and seem to be here to stay thanks to major celebrities and models endorsing them {Miranda Kerr, Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce and Elle Fanning} and designers jumping on the bandwagon and charging crazy amounts for these ugly shoes {Marc Jacobs, Giuseppe Zanotti and ASH}. I guess the major question here is do you LOVE or LOATHE this trend? Obviously I LOATHE these shoes and wish they would just disappear! Do you own a pair? Are they comfortable?! Let me know what you think!*

No comments:

Post a Comment