Pinterest*

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Recipe Roundup!

I know I posted last week {here} about some amazing Quinoa Bites I tried from Pinterest {follow me here}, but this past weekend I was craving something sweet! Instead of caving and heading to Tim Horton's or Starbucks to satisfy my cravings instantly, I took to Pinterest yet again to find something healthier {I am heading to VEGAS on Thursday you know}! My boyfriend LOVES anything with peanut butter and chocolate so I went on a hunt and found these AMAZINGLY addictive Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies {click for link}! The great thing about this recipe is there is no extra sugar, dairy or oils added resulting in a lower calorie dessert! Trust me you will NOT be able to eat just one!*



Ingredients:

2 cups cooked Qunioa
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
3 tablespoons pure Maple Syrup {I substitute with honey}
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine Quinoa, peanut butter, maple syrup {or honey}, salt and oats in a mixing bowl. Mix until ingredients are well combined.
3. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips
4. Line baking sheets with parchment - paper
5. Scoop and mold dough into round tablespoon sized cookies
6. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until bottoms are nicely browned
7. Allow to cool and firm up before eating and storing

Nutrition:
1 cookie = 1 serving

Calories: 80
Fat: 4 grams
Carbs: 9 grams
Protein: 2 grams


No comments:

Post a Comment