Pinterest*

Friday 23 December 2011

12 Days of Favorites*: Day 1

Clothing Swap Parties

One woman's junk, is another woman's treasure!  My girlfriends and I started having clothing swap parties a few years ago. It was an amazing chance to a) get rid of clothes we had for years {and obviously never wore} b) to swipe pieces from each other that we love and secretly always admired c) to donate what we didn't swap/want anymore to the local women's shelter and d) it was an amazing excuse to get together and have some fun! The most recent swap was my going away party the week before I moved to Calgary. I basically purged my room of everything I didn't think was necessary/important to bring, invited the girls over for Caesars and food and basically let them loose on all my stuff! I made them all promise to not let me take a thing from their piles {and with much self-control...I didn't!}. It's amazing the hilarious items that end up at these swaps, clothes always surface that either or mother's wore or we wore and thought were 'cool' in middle school! Trying them on again is always the best part of the night!*


{stuff...stuff...stuff...}

{costumes}

{80's chic!}

{mix n' match}

{remember these bad boys!?}

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad I missed this day!
    I'll be at the next one*

    ReplyDelete