Pinterest*

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Stand Together!

In this post I'm going to go off on a tangent from my regular posts to talk about something that has been on my mind for the past few days...
The other night I was randomly watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and the story of the family featured in this episode really caught my attention. Sirdeaner Walker's 11 year old son Carl; died by suicide after being bullied in school. The families story was heart-breaking. Everyday we read about and hear about teens commiting suicide because they experience bullying at school. How is this ok? It's not. Sirdeaner and Carl's family have dedicated their lives to putting an end to bullying and related teen suicide. Throughout the two hour show they asked people to pledge to stand together to help end this, with a goal of reaching 10,000! They surpassed that number! I was so upset and moved by this story, and all other stories, that I immediately went to the Stand Together wesbsite and got my number! Get yours?!*




No comments:

Post a Comment