Pinterest*

Thursday 12 January 2012

Calm.

I've been pretty stressed out these past two weeks...between trying to figure out where we are going to live come June {Calgary, Vancouver or Ontario....}, planning and budgeting for the upcoming wedding in July, planning my trip back home, {and the one that takes the cake} finding out that as of March 2nd myself along with 5 other people at work will be laid off.... 2012 hasn't been off to a great start. Looking for a new job with time constraints as tight as this one is adding pressure and anxiety to my life...and I don't deal with either of those very well...! So...I've had to find ways {new and old} to deal and release my stress so it doesn't comsume me....


I love spinning!  It's such a good workout whether you  take part in a spin class or just set your iPod to shuffle and ride for an hour or two. I find that as soon as I jump on the spin bike with my favorite workout music I don't think about anything but how far I want to ride and how good I feel!


I had never done Yoga prior to moving to Calgary. One day last summer I just decided to give it a try, and I could not believe 1. how sore I was the next day and 2. how clam and at ease I felt afterwards. I usually like higher intensity workouts...so I don't do Yoga on a regular...but when I'm as stressed out as I have been...entering the calm and tranquil environment is really helpful.


 
Marcel the Shell with Shoes On

How can you NOT be happy after watching this little guy?



I'm not really sure why....but I find browsing in stores like Holt Renfrew or BCBG {stores I obviously don't shop at regularly} bring me down like 5 stress levels. You would think going into stores you can't afford and drooling over things you probably won't ever own could be depressing...but I find looking at the beautiful pieces and trying some on really allow me to distress...There's something about the beautiful fabrics, shiny pieces of jewelry and high shoes that really clam me down....like I said....I can't explain!


 
What's been stressing you out lately?  How do you distress?!*













No comments:

Post a Comment